The Chicago Cubs (26-43), led by Patrick Wisdom on a two-game home run streak, are -130 favorites on the moneyline to defeat the Pittsburgh Pirates (28-40). First pitch is set for 12:35 PM ET Thursday, live from PNC Park. Neither team has named a starter for this contest.
Here is our preview for this game, and discover all of our MLB betting picks, too!
Cubs to win vs Pirates -130
Risk Free Bet Up To $1,000
Cubs vs. Pirates betting lines
- Favorite: Cubs (-130)
- Underdog: Pirates (+110)
- Over/under: 8
Cubs vs. Pirates Betting Insights
- The Cubs have been victorious in eight, or 40%, of the 20 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- This year, Chicago has won three of 10 games when listed as at least -130 or better on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Cubs have a 56.5% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- The Pirates have won 19 of the 52 games they were the moneyline underdog this season (36.5%).
- When playing as a moneyline underdog with odds of +110 or longer, Pittsburgh has a 16-30 record (winning just 34.8% of its games).
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the Pirates’ implied win probability is 47.6%.
Cubs vs. Pirates Hitting Leaders
- Ian Happ leads Chicago with a .291 batting average. He’s also hit eight homers and has 34 RBI.
- Happ is 78th in home runs and 57th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Willson Contreras has collected 58 hits this season and has an OBP of .383. He’s slugging .505 on the year.
- Bryan Reynolds paces the Pirates in home runs (11) and runs batted in (22).
- Among all batters in MLB, Reynolds’ home run total puts him 42nd, and his RBI total ranks 156th.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes has a club-leading 22 runs batted in and .265 batting average.
Cubs vs. Pirates Pitching Rankings
- The Cubs have an 8.8 K/9 this season as a pitching staff, 10th-best in baseball.
- The Cubs have the 26th-ranked ERA (4.93) in the majors this season.
- The Cubs have a combined WHIP of 1.362 as a pitching staff, which ranks 24th in MLB.
- The 8.1 strikeouts per nine innings put together by the Pirates pitching staff ranks 21st in MLB.
- The Pirates have the 25th-ranked team ERA across all league pitching staffs (4.49).
- Pitchers for the Pirates combine for the fifth-worst WHIP in baseball (1.387).