The New York Yankees (93-58) host the Boston Red Sox (72-79) at 7:08 PM ET Sunday for a meeting between two of the league’s best hitters. For the favored Yankees (-181), Aaron Judge is batting .314 this year, fifth in the league, while Xander Bogaerts ranks fourth in the majors with a .315 average for the underdog Red Sox. New York’s Nestor Cortes gets the start, and he’ll go against Boston’s Brayan Bello.
Here is our preview for this contest, and find all of our MLB picks, too!
Yankees to win vs Red Sox -181
Risk Free Bet Up To $1,000
Yankees vs. Red Sox betting lines
- Favorite: Yankees (-181)
- Underdog: Red Sox (+154)
- Over/under: 8.5
Yankees vs. Red Sox Betting Insights
- The Yankees have been chosen as favorites in 139 games this year and have walked away with the win 90 times (64.7%) in those games.
- This season, New York has come away with a win 49 times in 66 chances when named as a favorite of at least -181 or shorter on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Yankees have a 64.4% chance of walking away with the win.
- The Red Sox have won 27 of the 75 games they were listed as the moneyline underdog this season (36%).
- When it has played as a moneyline underdog with odds of +154 or longer, Boston has a record of 1-7 (12.5%).
- The implied moneyline probablility for this matchup gives the Red Sox a 39.4% chance to win.
Yankees vs. Red Sox Hitting Leaders
- Judge leads New York in batting average (.314), home runs (60) and runs batted in (128) this season.
- Judge ranks first in homers and first in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Anthony Rizzo has 98 hits and an OBP of .339 to go with a slugging percentage of .495 this season.
- Rafael Devers paces the Red Sox with 27 home runs and 84 runs batted in.
- Devers’ home run total ranks 26th in MLB, and he is 26th in RBI.
- Bogaerts’ .315 batting average paces his team.
Yankees vs. Red Sox Pitching Rankings
- The Yankees have a 9.1 K/9 this season as a pitching staff, fifth-best in baseball.
- Yankees pitchers have a combined ERA of 3.38 this year, third-best in baseball.
- Yankees pitchers have a 1.125 WHIP this season, third-best in the majors.
- The 8.5 strikeouts per nine innings put together by the Red Sox pitching staff ranks 19th in MLB.
- The Red Sox’s 4.47 team ERA ranks 24th across all league pitching staffs.
- Pitchers for the Red Sox combine for the 24th-ranked WHIP in the league (1.337).
The NJ Sportsbook team brings you the most current sports betting content, with expert insights and tips. Our aim is that you can make an informed betting decision, including best odds and exclusive sportsbook offers, to maximize your betting experience.